Thrifty's the name. Clipping coupons is my game.

It's kind of like a game between yourself and your local grocery store.

"Thank you, Mrs. Freeman. You saved $36.00."

Sigh. It's good, but it could have been better.

That's right, my favorite part of grocery shopping is at the end when I get to hear how much money I saved. I'm not a pro at it, but there are women out there that apparently are.

Go to couponmom.com and see for yourself. It's free to sign up and she has all of this information about how to get your groceries for practically nothing. It's takes a little work, advanced planning, and investigation on your part, but the Coupon Mom promises that it will be worth it once you get the hang of it.

One of the new things that I've discovered is all of the online coupons there are out there to be had. Again, it takes a little digging, but in today's economy a buck is a buck and we could all benefit from saving a few extra.

Don't forget about coupons.com. I like it because there's a toolbar that you can get that makes it easy to keep up with new coupons that come up. I don't like it when the company wants you to "register for free" because the last thing I need is a bunch of spam in my inbox. But there are lots of good coupons that you don't have to register for. It's all about picking and choosing, kind of like grocery shopping.

Lastly, check out oprah.com to learn about some thrifty families and what they're doing to save a buck while shopping for groceries. Pretty interesting stuff.

2 comments :

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, how I do LOVE a bargain!! Coupons rock!

Dawn said...

I've recently been clipping coupons again. It does give you a thrill to see how much you can save. It's like laughing in the face of.... hhmmm... I'm not sure who I'm laughing at, but I am laughing! LOL

I'll check out couponmom.com... thanks for the tip!