Decking Spooky Halls


Before and after football games this weekend I decorated for Halloween.


Tired of black and orange, I went with the cute decorations from Target that were black and green.  And the glittery black pumpkins were a must.


Still needing something spooky to complete the look, the boys and I made these cool spiders out of Styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners from the dollar store. 


I've always wanted to have a Halloween party for the boys.  My mom always had one for me.  The neighborhood kids all dressed up, eating hot dogs in our garage, the iconic moment when the dads grab their Solo cups filled with scotch and soda to take the kids Trick-or-Treating (hence the bottle of poison on the table.)  So my dining room table currently sits partially decorated, waiting for candy apples and finger foods.


 But the spider nest bowl is my favorite.  It adds that cute and creepy factor that all Halloween decorating requires.


Now if I can just talk my boys out of wanting a large inflatable spider for the front yard...


1 comment :

Rita said...

Remind me to NEVER take a picture of MY H'ween decorations because OMG yours are SO MUCH CUTER!

In fact, right this minute, MY decorations are hiding their heads in shame.

Srsly.