California homeowners

Just one week after moving in, there are actually a couple of rooms worth photographing.


This is the downstairs 1/2 bath. Not a bad little place to use the potty. It says, "Here--come and sit and take a look at all of our beautiful artwork."

This is our loft/boys TV room/my office. The Golfer built all of these bookshelves (via IKEA) and I love them. Now I actually have a place to put all of my books instead of on the floor next to my bed. Notice how small the television is. The boys have to huddle together just to watch it. The Golfer cringes every time he looks at it.



This is a little part of the formal living room. This wall makes me happy. Why? The large painting was my grandparent's. Two of the other pieces the Golfer and I bought on our honeymoon. My friend Kim gave me the saint statue as a present. And the marble on top of the iron table came out of the very first house that we ever owned. Lots of meaning in that little corner.


This is our new family room. The boys are afraid of the furniture. Might have something to do with the fact that every time they get near it I yell, "Are your hands clean!!!" I still need to buy some Scotch Guard. And through those windows? Yes, that would be our NEW BACK YARD!


This is the utility room. I love that--for the first time--I have a real utility room. I also love that it's green. It almost makes doing laundry fun.

More pictures to come. More organizing to do.

1 comment :

Bill and Jenn said...

Stephenie- I *LOVE* your Utility Room!! What a fun color! Way to be daring, girl. Can't wait to see the rest of your new house-- and new BACK YARD! :) See you tomorrow...