list four: 19 things I learned from the wedding I went to last weekend

:: photo courtesy of AngelaSadler ::

1.  I am no longer 23 years old.

2.  A lot can change in weddings in 10 years.

3.  Watching the mother/son dance makes me cry.

4.  I can't stay up as late as a bunch of 23 year olds.

5.  Phoenix is damn hot in the middle of August.

6.  There's not much you can do to make yourself look fresh and pretty when it's 112 degrees outside.

7.  I can't drink as much as a bunch of 23 year olds.

8. Sweet tea vodka and water tastes really good (and goes down quickly) when it's 112 degrees outside.

9.  Flip-flops aren't appropriate for weddings.

10.  Neither are jeans.  I don't care how casual the wedding.

11.  It's nice to have a giggle or two during the ceremony.  It's another thing entirely if the pastor makes jokes throughout the wedding.

12.  A bride is always beautiful.  Especially one madly in love.

13.  When a groom cries during the toasts, it makes me cry.

14.  There's nothing better than wedding cake.

15.  Except for a mashed potato bar served in martini glasses.  Genius.

16. Bringing your own video camera to a wedding is just weird.

17.  Weddings aren't about the stuff, they're about the people.

18.  Ten years later, there's still isn't a thing that I'd change about my wedding.

19.  I'd get married all over again if the Golfer would let me.  (To him of course.)