Happiness.



I have this print (that I purchased here) next to my desk.  Every time the Golfer looks at it he says, "I don't get it."

And every time I answer,  "What's not to get?"

Imagine a little bird flying around, minding his own business, when he suddenly sees something out of the corner of his little eye.  It's long and golden and as far as he can tell, hasn't been spotted by any of the other morning scroungers.  It's a French fry.  It's enough food to fill him up for the week.  It's crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and has just enough salt to make it extra tasty.  And it's all his.  And it makes him happy.

For all of the times that I have explained this to the Golfer, he still doesn't get the imagery.  God bless him, he just...doesn't...get it.

It's very simple: it's about making the choice to be happy.  Starting the day anticipating that the best is out there waiting on you; waiting to be discovered.  If a bird that finds a French fry is deliriously happy, well then, I'm going to be even happier than that.  That's how I want to spend my days.

And if I could actually eat some French fries like a little bird instead of, let's say...a pig?  Well I'd be even happier.

1 comment :

Dawn said...

I.Get.It.

And, I wish I could eat like a bird instead of a pig too.

I've resorted to buying Happy Meals for myself just so I can't over-indulge.