First round.


Last Sunday we spent the afternoon playing our first round together as a family.  As you can see from the picture of the Big Cheese above, there was some time spent in the sand traps.



Our round came after the boys had their junior golf class.  While the boys were in their class, the Golfer and I hit some balls on the range.  I hadn't hit balls in close to 10 years and man did it show.  My problem is that I see a lot of really good golf, and naturally I expect to go out and do the exact same thing.



Regardless of our abilities,  the Golfer was just happy to have all of us out there together.  And now I can understand why.



It was nice to be outside.  You walk a little.  You ride in the cart a little.  You enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.  There really is something to this whole golf thing.
  


And yes, not only did I play, I even allowed The Golfer to take my picture.  He was lucky I did both.

"No offense, Mom," the Big Cheese said.  "But you're not very good."  Truer words have never been spoken.



But this kid?  He's good.  Really good.  Tiger Woods-when-he-was-this-age kind of good.  He's got an awesome little swing.  And to go along with that, he loves to play.




Which means I'll probably be spending a lot more time in one of these.


1 comment :

Dawn said...

Look at all your hair!! I can't believe how much it has grown.

Glad you all had a fun day golfing.

Brett would love it if I golfed. I really just enjoy looking for the balls - it's kind of like Easter egg hunting. Ha!