Change is manditory. Growth is optional.

It's time for me to grow.


For the past year, I've been blogging for Disney's new website, Family.com. I was one of the "Family Bloggers." It was a great gig. It brought in some really good extra money for me and my family at a time that we really needed it. But then last week I received this "Dear John" letter.


As I mentioned in earlier emails we are changing the strategy for family bloggers on Family.com and unfortunately we can no longer support our current direction. As such, we will no longer use Hugs and Kisses blog. I would like to thank you for your talent and efforts. Your blogs have provided us with great content for the launch of the site.


Yep. Mickey was kicking me to the curb.


They went on to say that they loved my writting, wanted to keep me in mind for future freelancing opportunities. Blah, blah, blah. They said that they were making the blogs "more serviceable and less personal" which makes since considering the site's contents (lots of information about food, entertainment, and travel.) I understood, I really did. But the truth is, I've never actually been fired from something before. And the thing that really sucks is that I really liked the blogging that I was doing for them (especially when the paycheck came.)

When I get upset I tend to use the word "really" a lot.


But instead of sulking, I decided that I would just keep on blogging. Who needs that dumb ol' mouse and his deep pockets anyway! That's when I came up with "Tweet."


As I wrote over in the sidebar, this new blog is the ugly step-sister to my website, http://www.mamawantsmore.com/. Tweet is a lot less formal and official looking than the website and allows me to not only write everyday (like any good writer should do) but also share it with all of you lovely people.


And best of all? There's no Mouse to answer to.



No comments :