Olympic games, voting, and a high school/college reunion all rolled into one

We had no plans this weekend. None. No where to go...no where to be...no one waiting on us somewhere or expecting us to be there at a certain time...and the Golfer was going to be home with no recruits to see or tournaments to get ready for.

This never happens, people. Never.

So we took full advantage of it and did nothing. Well, not totally. We watched a lot of TV, which for me isn't that big of a deal, but for the Golfer who never has time to watch is a really big deal.

We also played a lot of Wii games. Now for the boys this wasn't a big deal, but for Mama and the Golfer who never play, this was big fun. It was like having our own little mini Olympics. The Golfer beat me in almost everything, especially boxing, but that's the way it's supposed to be I guess. I do know this: boxing is one hell of a carido workout that I plan to start doing on a regular basis.

We also voted. Yep, we voted for president this weekend. Since we are going to be out of town on Election Day, we had to register early for mail-in ballots. Guess who I voted for? Well, let's just say that I was very proud and please with my decision.

What a great option that is! We sat down with our little cheat sheet about all of the state propositions and were able to make educated decisions versus a hurry-up-because-someone-is-behind-you-waiting-so-just-mark-yes-on-everything decision.

The other thing that I discovered was facebook. Lord help me, I've found another way to waste time instead of doing things like housework, or my column, or something else equally productive. I had avoided facebook, thinking that it was only for high school and college kids, but actually I discovered that it's not.

My friend Kim got me hooked by telling me about all of the elementary school friends of ours that she had stubbled upon. So yesterday I was on the computer most of the day just looking for people. It's addictive waiting and seeing who is out there and who wants to be your friend. It's also too much fun seeing what people who you haven't seen or heard from in years are up to: where they live, if they're married, what they look like. I'm telling you, it's like going to a high school and college reunion without having to worry about what you're going to wear.

So today I'm going to try my best not to be on facebook all day, but after a weekend binge, I figure I won't try to force myself to go cold turkey.

Stephenie Bentley Freeman's Facebook profile

2 comments :

Dawn said...

I LOVE facebook! I check it just as often as I do my blog. Plus, they have some really fun games on there.

Glad you all had a great family weekend. It's nice when there is NOTHING to do!

I'll see if I can add ya on Facebook. You know I wouldn't be a real stalker if I didn't! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes, FACEBOOK!!!! Soooo addictive, I agree..very much like a reunion everytime I get on. Amazing networking tool!!