Weighty Issues: Week 12

12 Weeks and I'm still at it.

Last week, I ran 4 miles in record time. Yesterday, I hiked 5 miles (hiking is big out here in California) running most of the way. Granted, it was downhill, but still I ran for 3 out of the 5 miles. And I wasn't dying afterwards! That's huge!

Why is all of this so impressive? 12 weeks ago, I couldn't run to the mailbox without huffing and puffing. Yes, I was that out of shape. I guess that I really didn't realize it. I'm far from a perfect working out machine, but I'm slowly getting there. I'm even considering finding some 5K's to do. Crazy!

So I treated my self yesterday to a little shopping. My only real need was a new bra (have even gone down a size in that too) but of course I ended up buying more than just a bra. What fun is it to go shopping and only come home with a white cotton bra? Yeah, not much fun at all.

Yesterday, I bought my first pair of expensive jeans. It took all that I had to walk to the counter with them. I don't think I had even paid more than $50 for a pair before. But I had earned it.

And let me tell you, those things were like putting on butter! I've never actually put butter all over my legs, but I have a feeling that putting on these jeans is pretty close to the feeling. And they don't lie when they tell you that expensive jeans make your butt look better. I don't know how or why or if it's just because I've spent so much money that I'm forcing myself to see things differently, but I swear my butt really does look better!

Here's my other Weighty Issue that I want to discuss. The more I work out and the more my body shapes up the more that I want to show it off. I'm not talking like stripper type show it off. I'm just talking about wearing clothes that show off my hard work and attractive features.

So here's my question: Why do people care so much that Michelle Obama shows off her toned arms? Does it make her less effective as a First Lady because she chooses at times to show her arms? Yeah, I don't think so.

Let's face it people. It's the 21st Century and women have arms. It's not like she's wearing something awful and embarrassing. She's always dressed in a very classic and classy way. Frankly, I'm happy to finally have a first lady that doesn't look or dress like AN OLD LADY!


I love her! She's a smart woman, a fantastic mother, and a wonderful wife who shops at J.Crew (love it!) and isn't afraid to have her own style. You know as well as I do, if you had pretty arms like her you'd be showing them off too. And if you say you wouldn't you're lying.

I'm off to do some tricep dips right now. You go girl!

1 comment :

Dawn said...

I'm proud of you for really sticking it out. It's awesome you can visibly see improvement!

I can't wait to get to that point! =)