Old House Love

 :: Lola Lane ::

There's a blog I have followed for a while titled Young House Love. It's all about this young couple and their adventures in remodeling their homes themselves. The Golfer and I have been doing the exact same thing for the last 13 years. We just didn't blog all about it. Or get a book deal out of it. Or our own line of light fixtures because of it. But we totally could have. Or at least that's what I'm going to allow myself to believe.

I haven't written a thing since August because of some Old House Love. Since September we have been in the process of buying/selling/moving/remodeling into our new old home. Yes, it's been a nutty 6 months because along with buying/selling/moving/remodeling we also had school/flag football/Halloween/a long needed girl's trip/Thanksgiving/the Golfer's birthday/Christmas/my birthday/Monkey's birthday...and everything in between.

I'm worn out. But in a good way.

So many questions have been asked about our move. Mostly, why would we move within the same city? I have found it funny how many times I've gotten that question! And over the next several posts, I promise to answer and share the whole moving story because it's actually a good one. Well, I think so anyway.

I've posted a few "Before and After" pics on Instagram of our remodeling, and I've decided that it will be a lot more fun (and easier) to post them here for all of you to see. Because apparently A LOT of other people do it and end up creating whole new careers out of the deal.

The Golfer and I have a thing for remodeling. It started in 1999 with our first house in OKC. We like to make things...ours and over the years we've definitely developed our own tastes and styles. Our decorating tastes aren't for everyone, but they are perfect for us.

So check back over the next few weeks as I take you through all of the Before and the After of Lola Lane...and everything in between.



No comments :