Yes, you're in the right place.


A southern gentleman always takes a lady's hand. Two if he's lucky.

I'm a big decorator. Actually, I'm a big RE-decorator. Come over to my house often enough and you will notice that nothing stays the same for long. Any time my mom comes out to visit she ask, "So what's new with your house this time?"

Same goes for this blog. I was ready for a change, a redecorating of the blog or a rebranding if you will. It is still somewhat under construction. Don't be surprised if it continues to change a little in the days to come. That's how I work. I mess and mess with something until it's exactly they way I like it. I like projects that take tweaking.

This is about the fourth name for my blog I started blogging in 2005 and honestly, I have no good reason as to why I keep changing it. I'm sure people who specialize in branding would tell me I'm continuously shooting myself in the foot. But I like change. I like to make something feel new. I like making something fit whatever stage of life I'm currently in.

I liked the old name, California Freemans, but it seemed dull to me. Didn't really tell you anything other than who we are and where we live. After nine years of living in California, I realize that I am still very Southern in many, many ways. I love my Southern roots and I have come to realize that even though we are raising Californians, we are also raising Southern Gentlemen. I kinda love the combo.

Welcome to West Coast Southern.

No comments :