Shelves.

Before I rearranged my bookshelves yesterday, I explored the WWW for some inspiration.  The blog, i suwanne, does a cool thing called "bookshelf of the day."  I wish I had thought of it.  Might have to steal it.

So here's is the outcome of my shelf reorganization.  It's not as spectacular as the shelves I posted yesterday, but I like the way it turned out.  Our bookshelves are in our loft which is actually the boys' domain.  So our bookshelves also hold games and children's books (which were not part of the reorganization) and photo albums.
  


I decided to go with the whole "color coded" look.  Too fun not to try.  Here's what I learned organizing my books by color.  1) Most Chick-Lit is red and hot pink.  2) Golf books are always green.  3)  Thrillers and mysteries are always black.  4) Books of more serious topics are blue.



It didn't take as long as I thought to do and was actually a little fun.  And I was proud to discover our eclectic reading tastes. 




One thing is for certain: these shelves have no room to breath.  Which leads me to my next problem.  What the hell am I going to do when I get a new book and have to squeeze it into the middle of the blue section?



Solution:  I'm gonna need more shelves.



2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yep, get rid of the TV and the games and slide another one of those shelves right in the middle. Done and done. :)

Dawn said...

Looks awesome and amazing!