When the ground shakes, head for the ocean.

The earthquake didn't slow us down too much. That evening, we headed over to Malibu to eat at Neptune's Net, a famous little dive of a place right on the ocean. It's such a cool little spot. I think even Rachael Ray went there on one of her "$40 a Day" episodes when she visited Los Angeles.


If you ever get a chance to go, I highly recommend their a small bowl of their famous New England Clam Chowder, followed by an order of their famous beer battered fish and chips. (The Golfer and I split the fish and chips, which I also recommend.)

Afterwards, we headed up PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) to Sycamore Cove at Point Mugu to run around, build a little fire in one of the fire pits and make s'mores. It was the perfect ending to a California ground shakin' kind of day.



When you're a little boy growing up in So Cal, it's only natural to have an interest in surfing and any clothes or cool words related to surfing.


I've tried to explain to the Cheese that he has to master the deep end of the pool before he can tackle the Pacific Ocean. He agreed.



2 comments :

Dawn said...

The pictures are gorgeous!

Is it cool enough there right now to wear sweatshirts??? I can't wait for cool weather. We're smothering here in OK!

Beth Ann said...

Oh we were just down in that area, and I didn't know about it! We will definitely have to check it out next time!
I felt the earthquake too- up here in Palm Springs! Quite a jolt- huh?!