Things I'd love to find under my tree this year.

photo courtesy of bhg.com
  1. The desire to exercise. I'm in desperate need to drop some pounds and just can't find the motivation to do what it takes. Santa better have a pretty big box to put all that motivation in, cause it' gonna take a lot to get me off my butt.
  2. A Tahoe hybrid. I realize that this might be difficult to fit under the tree, but it's worth a try.

  3. A new puppy. Yes, we already own two dogs, but I'm currently reading Marley and Me (trying to get it read before seeing the movie) and it's making me want another dog. If you're one of my family members or have known me and my pet buying habits, you won't be surprised by this.

  4. Maid service. I'd love this gift, but afraid that it'd feel too much like receiving an electrical appliance.

  5. Syndication. This doesn't happen too much any more (national syndication for humor columnists--think Erma Bombeck or Dave Barry) but I'd love for all of the big papers in the country to suddenly decide that they can't live without my column.

  6. A bigger kitchen. I have a beautiful new home, but it doesn't quite have the gourmet kitchen of my dreams. I'm not complaining, just wishing.

  7. The body of a 20-year-old. If I can't have the desire to exercise, then a whole new body will work just fine. I don't want to be 20 again, just the body that I had when I didn't appreciate it.
  8. A floor that stays clean...forever. I'm sick of working for nothing. I'll be mopping while the dog is walking behind be shedding everywhere. It's enough to leave it dirty, which I usually do.

  9. A manicure that lasts, no matter what. By not having in-house maid service, I can't keep a manicure looking nice to save my life.

  10. Children who listen. 'Nuff said. I'm sick and tired of repeating myself.

  11. Diamond earrings. I've been hinting around about these for years, but it doesn't hurt to keep trying.
  12. Endless buckets of cash. Because I'd give it to all of the charities that are hurting this holiday season because of the economic crisis of our country.
I plan on being very, very good in a last attempt to impress Santa these last few weeks. My children are setting an excellent example of being good for the Big Guy.

So what's on your list this year?

2 comments :

Dawn said...

Great list! I hope you get what your heart desires. :)

I have my list up on my blog! Of course, it's all photography equipment.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I want the all of the same things, with the exception of the puppy, unless that maid was 24 hrs and completely cared for the animal. Let's face it, no one else in my house will...