Kitchen Remodel: Day 3, 4, 5... What day is it?

Okay, so here's what it looked like at the end of day 2. The Monkey said, "There's a big "I" on the wall." We were impressed that he knows his letters.


Day 3 was spent patching the hole in the wood floor. That's where the island used to be. Now it's going to be a free-standing island (hence the need to patch the floor.) And yes, my lovely husband actually knows how to do that. The rest of day 3 was spent paying for an electrician. Electricians are crazy expensive and my kitchen budget wasn't quite prepared for the hit.


But at least by day 4 it was kinda starting to look like a kitchen again. My range was delivered and the cabinets started going in. And yes, my amazingly talented husband is installing all of it!
So what we're saving in labor is going to pay for that crazy electrician.


The Cheese has desperately wanted to help. Of course, the most help that he could be would be to stay out of the way. But there's something about hammers and saws and building and making a big mess that draws a boy in to ask, "Can I be a part of all the fun?"


So by the end of the day, I at least had a range to cook with. The kids were thrilled that I was able to make mac 'n cheese and I was thrilled to be cooking again...sort of. That's cardboard serving as my counter tops (that won't be here for another 2 weeks, but that's another story.) I'm still washing the dishes in the powder bath sink and I have no prep space, but I'm sure that it will all be worth it in the end. It better be worth it in the end.

More pics to come...

1 comment :

Dawn said...

It's looking better!! How exciting!!