Reasons for my absence

You might have noticed that I haven't blogged much lately. I've been very preoccupied during the month of August. The kitchen remodel is nearing the final stages. The counter tops were finally installed on Monday, which now only leaves the tile for the back splash. I know, you're anxious to see pictures, but I refuse to post any until it's all finished.

Another reason that I haven't been blogging is that my house is under attack. In the last week, we've had the following: the air conditioning blower (very technical name) went out leaving us with no AC during 100 degree temperatures and is STILL NOT FIXED, the boy's toilet seat broke (don't ask me how), our shower head came loose spewing water in all directions, and our Dalmatian, Daisy, had to have a growth removed from underneath her belly and is clumsily walking around our house with a huge plastic cone around her head ("And that will be $500 Mrs. Freeman. Thank you very much!")

So, yeah, I haven't been in a very funny mood lately. Although, I did catch a glimpse of Steve Carell while he was filming a scene of "The Office" the other day near my neighborhood Coffee Bean. I so love him--he always makes me laugh. Even just seeing him made me giggle a little. ("That's what she said!")

And then, on top of all of that, we've also had all of this going on:

The first day of 2nd grade...


The first flag football practice this year...


Both grandmothers in for a visit...



In the midst of chaos, I did manage to make these cupcakes for back-to-school....



And the big guy had his first day of Pre-K...
(baggie contents: 2 pairs of clean underwear, 2 pairs of socks, 1 t-shirt, and 1 pair of short, because after all, it is Pre-K.)



Maybe by September my life will get back to normal and stuff will stop happening to me/us/the house/the pets, but I'm not holding my breath because the way my luck has been running, I'm sure I'd pass out, fall down and hit my head, only to wake up in one of those plastic cones just like my dog.


No comments :