Just passing it along.

During some of my free time this weekend, I actually read a newspaper. Now, I read the newspaper every day (give or take) but I usually just breeze through it within a matter of minutes. This week I found an article worth reading in its entirety.

I thought I'd take a minute to share some of it here. A man by the name of Cary Quashen has a column, "Action", that shared the following tips on showing our children some love this Valentine's Day.

The tips aren't anything mind-blowing, but I thought were a nice reminder; something to cut out and stick on the fridge for those days when the act of parenting drives you to drink--a lot. (Of course, if you've had a lot to drink, you probably won't be able to read it, but it's there anyway...just in case.)


  1. Remember that children often reflect what they have or have not been taught

  2. Be patient, not just tolerant

  3. Remember that children often need love the most when they "deserve" it the least

  4. Help them learn the feeling of regret, not just say they are sorry

  5. Help them learn the feeling of gratitude, not just say thank you

  6. Answer their questions

  7. Know that a child experiencing love will express love
  8. Say the word "love" a lot


There were 44 tips in all, but these were just a few that really spoke to me. Maybe they'll do the same for you.

No comments :